The next Media Development Seminar (MDS) will be in the summer of 2024. In September 2023, PARC will open the competition for the 2024 MDS. What follows below is here for your information about the seminar and the competition.
2020 Media Development Seminar on Palestine Travel Fellowships
Program dates: June 24 – July 7, 2020 in Jerusalem and the West Bank
The Palestinian American Research Center (PARC) announces its 4th Media Development Seminar (MDS) on Palestine competition for U.S. faculty members with a demonstrated interest in, but little travel experience to, Palestine. Applicants must be from fields related to journalism, film, communications, or media. The program will host 10 to 12 U.S. faculty members to participate in roundtable discussions; visits to university media departments, local media outlets, and cultural and civil society organizations; tours of historic cities; as well as meetings with Palestinian colleagues. Through these activities, participants will learn about the region, deepen their knowledge of media in and about Palestine, and build relationships with Palestinian colleagues and institutions.
- Be U.S. citizens.
- Be faculty members at recognized U.S. colleges or universities. Applicants must be professors in journalism, film, communications, media, or related departments at their universities.
- Have a demonstrated interest in Palestine.
- Have little previous travel experience to Palestine.
- Be willing to integrate their experiences from the seminar into their own teaching and/or pursue a joint research project or publication with a Palestinian colleague.
- Be a member of PARC. Visit the PARC membership page for more information.
PARC will make all arrangements for the program, including hotel, site visits, tours, and meetings with Palestinian colleagues. PARC will cover all expenses for in-country, group ground travel, accommodations, and group meals. International travel and personal and free day expenses will be the responsibility of each faculty member and/or her/his/their university. In cases of demonstrated need, there is limited funding available to cover partial costs for international travel.
Click on the box above to be directed to our online application system.
Program contingent upon funding.